If you are not impressed by the WIFI reception on your Mac, then today we an article which can help you in getting a wider WIFI reception on your Mac and also help in improving the connectivity and speed of WIFI internet on your Mac.
How to Improve WIFI Reception on Mac?
- Adjust your WIFI Router:
The first and foremost thing to do in order to improve the WIFI reception on your Mac, well, is to optimize your WIFI router to offer maximum WIFI signal strength. There are many reasons which may reduce the WIFI signal strength of your modem.
For better reception, make sure that the router is placed in a centralized location possibly away from close walls. Also, try to keep the modem in an elevated position and point the antennas of the modem in a downward position as it helps in maximizing the WIFI signal strength.
- Switch between 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency band:
There are a lot of devices that use the 2.4GHz frequency for propagation. Every Mac devices have support for 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands. Therefore, if your WIFI router supports 5GHz frequency band, then switching to the 5GHz band will improve the WIFI reception on your Mac as there will be less interference in the 5GHz band and it can transfer data faster as well.
To switch to the 5GHz band, below are the two tasks you need to do:
- Launch the Hub Manager software on your PC. Separate and give different names for the 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands. Please understand that this may cause the other devices connected to the WIFI router to disconnect. You will have to reconnect them again.
- Now, on your Mac, launch the “System Preferences” app. Then click on “Network” and then click on “Advanced”.
- Under Advanced, drag and move the 5GHz option to the starting of the list, which will make it your first choice.
- Restart your modem and connect to your Mac device again.
Now your Mac device will be connected to your WIFI modem through the 5GHz frequency.
- Use a WIFI Speed Booster App for Mac:
There may be some other software related issues on your Mac or your router such as older router firmware that may be the reason for a poor WIFI reception on Mac. Consider using a WIFI Speed Booster app for Mac in order to find such causes and fix them instantly.
Hope the above article was helpful in improving WIFI reception on Mac. If you feel that the WIFI reception issue on Mac is a hardware issue on your Mac, then consider taking your Mac device to the nearest Apple Care center for a detailed inspection.